Craftanol-31 is ready for use spirit base coating with calcined magnesite as filler with excellent suspension properties. Calcined Magnesite prevents the chemical reaction between mould & molten metal and thus helps to obtain excellent surface finish to manganese steel castings.
- Stir the coating thoroughly before application.
- Take out requisite quantity of Craftanol-31; if required dilute the coating by CRAFTANOL THINNER to desired degree of consistency as per application practice.
- Brushing:- Ready For Use(After through mixing)
- Sparying:- 95:5 (Product:Craftanol ,Thinner)
- Apply the coating by brushing / spraying.
- Ignite the coating immediately after applying. In case of large moulds part mould to be coated & ignited immediately.
Normally spirit / water based zircon coatings are recommended for steel casting. Because of higher refractoriness of Zircon, it gives good surface finish to steel casting. But in case of manganese steel casting the manganese percentage will be in range of 10%-13%. This chemically reacts with Zircon coating at molten stage resulting in rough surface finish to manganese steel casting. To prevent this inter chemical reaction between Zircon coating & molten metal calcined magnesite base coating is recommended. It also helps to obtain excellent surface finish to manganese steel casting.
The physical property of CRAFTANOL-31 is as follows : -
- Colour : OFF WHITE
- Appearance : RFU Liquid
- Specific Gravity : 1.40 - 50 @ 27 °C ± 3 °C
- Viscosity : 14 - 20 Sec. By B4 cup @ (27 °C ± 3)°C
- Coating by Brushing /Spraying : No peel off / No cracks
- Ensure that mould is completely dry before pouring liquid metal.
- Ensure proper mixing to obtain uniform coating all over mould. Excess thickness results in rough surface.
30 KG P.C.