(Tin water base inoculation coating)
- CRAFTCOTE-SN is an indigenously developed tin/ water based coating for getting localized inoculation effect.
- In a today's competitive market everybody aims to get good microstructure, metal composition and
maximum strength for cast iron casting. For achieving this most of the time costly alloying elements like copper, tin, nickel, etc. are to be added. The most economical solution for getting these properties is by localized inoculation with the help of CRAFTCOTE- SN.
- CRAFTCOTE- SN is tin based, grey coloured, high density ready to used coating having zero sedimentation properties.
- CRAFTCOTE -SN is recommended for getting as cast pearlitic structure. When applied on sand mould / cores gives uniform layer of tin coating, which gets absorbed in liquid metal when it comes in contact, thus giving as cast pearlitic structure.
- Easy to apply.
- Excellent suspension properties.
- void costly alloy addition.
- Gives localized effect.
- Apply CRAFTCTOE - SN as it is on sand mould / core by brushing
- If the coating to be applied directly on mould / core and permeability of sand is more then we recommend to have a precoat with zircon or other mixed refractory water based coating.
- Precoat of refractory coating reduce the penetration of coating in mould.
- Dry the coating and then apply CRAFTCOTE- SN. Dry it in oven at 120 C for 1 hr / by torching
- Ensure removal of moisture from the coating before taking for production.
Do not apply other coating on CRAFTCOTE- SN.
- Colour - Grey
- Appearance - Paste
- specific gravity - 1.78 - 1.93
- 2 kg. plastic tin
- 5 kg. plastic tin
Foundry Metallurgical Products
Products for Ferrous
Non-Ferrous Products for Zinc
Non-Ferrous Products for Copper
Non-Ferrous Products for Aluminium