(Tellurium water base chilling coat)
- CRAFTCOTE -TE is water based thixotropic coating containing metallic tellurium and other refractories as a filler base
- It is used for getting desired localized chilling effect for grey cast iron castings.
- It is applied on sand mould or core surfaces.
- For big casting metallic chills are used and can be easily placed in mould / core.
- But in small and thin walled casting it is not possible to put metallic chills.
- Here coating of CRAFTCOTE-TE act as a chill to provide fast cooling of metal.
- Tellurium has strong chill tendency and are easy to promote white solidification.
- Tellurium belong to surface active elements, have low melting point, and are easy to deposit and to be enriched on the base face of graphite nuclei.
- They chemically react to form strong bond of graphite, forming strong firm film.
- This film inhibits carbon atoms to deposit on base face of graphite causing graphite to loss the effect as nuclei
- For certain applications, it is required to have localized chilling effect in grey cast iron casting for
improving the hardness and wear resistance characteristics.
- This can be achieved by applying CRAFTCOTE - TE a tellurium base coating on mould or core surface which acts as a chill promoting media.
- CRAFTCOTE -TE can also be used for directional solidification which avoids shrinkage defects.
- This function can eliminate use of metallic chills in complex mould or core areas.
- CRAFTCOTE - TE gives excellent effect up to the depth of 10mm.
- CRAFTCOTE - TE is to be applied as it is by brushing or swabbing after uniform mixing. If required coating can be further diluted with water in case thinner coating consistency is needed.
- Mould or core should be thoroughly dried before pouring the metal.(Do not heavily tourch the coating).
- Whenever double coating is required take care that the previous coat is thoroughly air dried.
- For economical practice, give first coat of zircon base coating on the portion where CRAFTCOTE – TE is to be used.
- Colour : Grey
- Appearance : Paste
- Sp. Gravity : 2.20 - 2.30@(27±3)˚C
- 1 kg plastic can
- 2 kg plastic can
Foundry Metallurgical Products
Products for Ferrous
Non-Ferrous Products for Zinc
Non-Ferrous Products for Copper
Non-Ferrous Products for Aluminium