CERALOY-B is aluminium-boron master alloy recommended for grain refining aluminium alloys.
- Boron is used in aluminium and its alloys as a grain refiner and to improve the conductivity by precipitating vanadium, titanium, chromium, and molybdenum.
- All of these are detrimental to the electrical conductivity at their usual impurity levels in commercial grade aluminium.
- Boron can be used alone (at levels of 0.005 to 0.1 %) as a grain refiner during solidification, Use of CERALOY-B is far more environment friendly than the conventional salt based refiners.
- Since no chemical reaction is involved, crucible life can be improved.
Casting with improved and consistent mechanical and metallurgical properties :-
- CERALOY-B improves as –cast mechanical properties such as tensile Strength and elongation.
- The longer Grain refining effect gives consistent metallurgical and mechanical properties of the castings.
- Use of CERALOY-B gives cleaner working environment since no chemical reaction is involved.
- Prepare the desired alloy composition.
- Follow the normal fluxing and cleansing procedure recommended by using suitable flux from CERAFLUX range
- Degas the melt with degassing tablet by using suitable grade from CERAFLUX range and dross off using small quantity of CERAFLUX-11.
- After the degassing operation, add CERALOY-B and rabble it to ensure homogeneity of the composition.
|ALLOY||% RANGE||% OTHER||ALUMINUM|
- 20 kg gunny bag.
- *Will be supplied as per the requirement of customer